21 Catering Trends For 22- We Got This.
Here is a Silicon Valley, short attention span summery of a very long, but excellent article from PartySlate.com.
From the Article:
"We can’t wait to share seeing (and hearing about) when it comes to catering trends for 2022. Whether you’re getting married, celebrating a milestone birthday or anniversary, hosting an experiential corporate event, or a gala for good cause, you’re going to want to see our predictions of what’s hot in catering this year.
Hint: Expect to see dishes that evoke nostalgia, super-creative themed fare, fun handheld bites, continued safe service solutions — and many more fun catering trends in 2022.
Not Just Accommodation, But an Experience
More and more, party hosts are realizing that complex and delectable dishes can be made without a meat main course. Rather than having special options for vegans, vegetarians, and those who don’t drink alcohol, these options are being thoughtfully (and deliciously) integrated into menus for everyone.”
So, without further ado, here are 21 Catering Trends for 2022:
1. An Increase in Flexitarian & Vegetarian-Focused Options
2. Curated Mocktails are Having a Moment
3. Nostalgic Dishes
4. Breakfast for Dinner
5. Mini Bites of Mom’s Cassics
6. Exquisite Individually-Packaged Entrees
7. Creative Displays Keep it “Socially-Distant”
8. Bites Under a Bubble are Pretty and Protected
9. Party-Perfect Polynesian
10. Throwback-Themed Food Evokes a Decade
11. Crudite Cups
12. Charcuterie Cones
13. Interesting Ice
14. Cocktail Toppers Fill Two Needs at Once
15. Scents Play with Senses
16. Evolving Cocktails Change Over Time
17. Old Standbys with New In-Demand Ingredients
18. Champagne Towers are Chic (Again)
19. 3D Champagne Display Offers Service From All Sides
20. Vertical Displays Make Clever Use of Space
21. Catering Displays That Fit in On the Dance Floor
Although we have been in business for over 40 years (Yikes!) keeping up with and even creating catering trends is what keeps up young. Yes, we are catering nerds and love long articles like this one, and we hope you do, too.